Saturday, April 11, 2009

Thai Team Prepares for Mission

On Wednesday afternoons, the team spends time preparing for our trip. We are spending time praying, learning about the culture and customs of Thailand, and talking about raising support. Mesikt (on right in photo) was in Thailand with the team last year. She really enjoyed her experience and is looking forward to returning this summer even though she graduates in May. Meluat is from Palau this will be his first year on a mission team.
Lucy and Meyou are never too shy to pose for a picture.
Kalvin is the team's main leader in preparation. He was in Thailand twice as a student and now will return for a third year as an adviser. Knowing Kalvin for the whole time I have been there it is extremely exciting for me to watch Kalvin develop his leadership skills even farther.

2 comments:

  1. Hey melly mel..
    This all sounds fun..
    btw if one wants to support financially who and how would zie do that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hei there, you look so serious...man that's the way it should be. I am so excited about your team I pray that you will lead the students to see the outer world in which there still the great need of hearing the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I have sent you a letter in the mail, its just a small donation to the general fund, sorry not much cause no job yet still in school.

    ReplyDelete